About the Journal
Jurnal Dialog Penanggulangan Bencana (p-ISSN: 2087-636X) is an open access peer-reviewed journal that is published by Center for Data, Information, and Disaster Communication of Indonesia National Disaster Management Authority (Badan Nasional Penanggulangan Bencana - BNPB). Established since 2010 by former spokesperson of BNPB, Dr Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, the journal provides a platform for researchers, academicians, professionals, and practitioners to contribute for the collection and advancement of knowledge on disaster management. Specifically in Indonesia, where thousands of disaster events occur on a yearly basis; that it provides a first-hand experience opportunities to further contribute for the subject.
Focus and Scope
Journal Dialog Penanggulangan Bencana promote scholarly, theoretical, pragmatic, and contemporary research, making a clear conceptual and methodological contribution to existing international literature. As disaster research by itself is of multi-discipline nature, we welcome submission from accross disciplines. These may include but are not limited to various subjects such as disaster management, disaster risk reduction, preparedness, mitigation, disaster response; as well as post-disaster topics on recovery.
Submission and Editorial Policies
Articles published in Jurnal Dialog Penanggulangan Bencana is an essential building block in the development of a coherent and respected network of knowledge on education and those are a direct reflection of the writers and institutions quality. It is therefore important to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior for all parties involved in the act of publishing: the authors, the journal editors, the peer reviewers, the publisher and the society. Editors of Jurnal Dialog Penanggulangan Bencana are committed to guarantee that all procedures are directed merely to facilitate an objective and intellectual treatment. Further, the editors and reviewers evaluate manuscripts without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or certain political and group interest.
Duties Of Authors
- Have the responsibility of ensuring only new and original work is submitted.
- Must not reproduce work that has been previously published in other journals.
- Must not submit any articles that are being reviewed or considered by the journal to other journals simultaneously.
- Are only allowed to publish their work elsewhere after receiving a formal rejection from the journal or if their request to withdraw their work is officially accepted by the journal.
- Must inform the Editor in Chief or the publisher of any inaccuracy of data in their published work so that correction or retraction of article can be done.
- Should make significant contributions and be held accountable for any shortcoming in their work.
Duties Of Reviewers
- Must disclose any competing interest before agreeing to review a submission.
- Can refuse to review any submission due to a conflict of interest or inadequate knowledge.
- Review all submissions objectively, fairly and professionally.
- Reveal any ethical misconduct encountered while reviewing to the Editor in Chief for further action.
- Should ensure the originality of a submission and be alert to any plagiarism and redundant publication.
- Must not discuss the content of the submission without permission.
- Adhere to the time allocated for the review process. Requests for extension to review the submission is at the discretion of the Editor in Chief.
Duties Of Editorial Board Members
- Actively contribute to the development and the greater good of the journal.
- Act as ambassadors for the journal.
- Continuously support and promote the journal.
- Review any work assigned to them.
Duties Of Editor in Chief
- Evaluate manuscripts fairly and solely on their intellectual merit.
- Ensure confidentiality of manuscripts and not disclose any information regarding manuscripts to anyone other than the people involved in the publishing process.
- Has the responsibility to decide when and which articles are to be published.
- Actively seek the views of board members, reviewers and authors on how to improve/ increase the image and visibility of the journal.
- Give clear instructions to potential contributors on the submission process and what is expected of the authors.
- Ensure appropriate reviewers are selected/ identified for the reviewing process.
Submission, Initial Assessment and Peer Review
Jurnal Dialog Penanggulangan Bencana has a fully web-based system for the submission and review of manuscripts. Submissions should be prepared in accordance with the Author Guidelines and uploaded via the submission form. Manuscripts may be returned to authors without a scientific assessment if they do not meet all submission requirements, if they are not in the correct format, or cannot be downloaded reliably.
Submissions must represent the original and independent work of the authors. Each new submission is assessed by one or more editors to determine whether it falls within the general remit of Jurnal Dialog Penanggulangan Bencana. We will reject a manuscript without review if it contains insufficient educational content; does not have clear application to disaster management; is mainly concerned with developing and advancing methodology and not primarily with the application of these methods to disaster management; there are substantive issues with the design, methodology, or data quality; it exceeds our word limit or is incorrectly formatted; or it is poorly presented and unclear. Those manuscripts evaluated by editors to be inappropriate to journal criteria are rejected promptly without external review.
Manuscripts that pass the initial assessment are assigned to a subject expert in our team of Section Editors to oversee the review process. All papers are subject to peer review and authors can expect a decision, or an explanation for the delay, within a month of receipt. If a revision is invited, the corresponding author should submit the revised manuscript within 2 weeks. The final decision is taken by one of the senior editors based on the information gained through the peer review process.
Types of decisions: Decline, Resubmit, Revision, Accept
Following peer review, the paper is judged not to be acceptable for publication in Jurnal Dialog Penanggulangan Bencana and resubmission is not possible.
The submitted version of the paper is not acceptable and requires major revision but there is clear potential in the work and Jurnal Dialog Penanggulangan Bencana is prepared to consider a new version. Authors are offered the opportunity to resubmit their paper as a new submission. Concerns will remain regarding the suitability of the paper for publication until the editors are convinced by the authors that their paper fits the scope and standards of Jurnal Dialog Penanggulangan Bencana. The resubmitted manuscript will be returned to the original associate editor if at all possible.
The paper requires changes before a final decision can be made. Authors are asked to modify their manuscript in light of comments received from referees and editors, and to submit a new version for consideration within 2 weeks of receiving the decision letter. A point-by-point explanation of how comments have been addressed must be supplied with the revised version of the paper. Revisions may undergo further peer review and papers may undergo more than one round of revision. If the authors do not revise their papers to the satisfaction of the editors, the paper can still be declined from publication in Jurnal Dialog Penanggulangan Bencana.
The paper is acceptable for publication, subject to conditions that need to be addressed in producing a final version of the manuscript. These may include sub-editing changes and minor amendment to ensure the paper fully matches our criteria. After final checking in the editorial office, acceptance is confirmed and the paper is forwarded to the publishers for publication.
As of 2021, there is no publication fee for the journal. Our sponsor will provide the necessary cost for the editorial process, including provision of DOI. Authors whose articles are scheduled for publication shall be rewarded by IDR 150,000 per printed page. This reward shall be transferred by our sponsor to the primary contact for the article; and it should then be distributed by him among other contributing authors.
Copyright and License
Articles published in this journal is copyrighted to the respective authors and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License . We commit to provide immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
You are free to:
- Share: copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt: remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms below:
- Attribution: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike: If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions: You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Remarks: You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation. No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
Order Print Version
We welcome inquiries for ordering print version on our back-issues. Other than shipping and handling cost, these are available for free (subject to availability). Please send an email inquiry via our contact address to inform details of the order. For shipment in Indonesia, you may expect to receive the journal book within 3-7 days after we receive confirmation of shipping payment.
This journal is sponsored by National Disaster Management Authority of Indonesia (Badan Nasional Penanggulangan Bencana - BNPB) c.q. Center for Data, Information, and Disaster Communication. Scope of support includes for funding, editorial activities, as well as publishing of the journal.